There are a few ice cream shoppes within walking distance of my home but none of them have any unique flavors. So I hopped into the kitchen and decided to make my own ice cream. I’ve made ice cream before but have I used ingredients like saffron and pistachios for the flavoring. This easy to make recipe definitely has Persian influence and its a sweet alternative from the boring and or excessive options we find at grocery stores or ice cream shoppes. Try it, you will be blown away. Full recipe below and also an instructional video at the end.
Saffron Pistachio Ice Cream
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 pinches of saffron
- 1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk.
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Rose water
- half cup chopped pistachios
- Yellow Food Color
- Crush saffron and add a teaspoon of warm water to the saffron
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer and mix 2 cups of whipping cream until you get fluffy peaks.
- Add can of sweetened condensed milk and mix it with the whipping cream thoroughly.
- Add rose water and mix it through until the red is no longer visible. The cream will become a light yellow.
- Optional* Add yellow food color to intensify the yellow color (mix in).
- Pour cream into a loaf cake pan and or any other storage containers.
- Add pistachios and mix into cream and or just add pistachios to the top.
- Cover the cake pan with plastic wrap and freeze for 6 hours.
- Serve and eat it up.