If you’ve been following my blog, then you know that I kind of got an obsession for shawarma and Zatar. I also got an obsession for pizza, so I figured that I’ll throw them all together and trust me when I say that it was the best pizza I’ve ever had. If you’re ready to try something new, then try out this chicken shawarma pizza.
Chicken Shawarma Pizza
- Prepared shawarma chicken (See recipe on how to make in advance. This recipe can also be used with leftover chicken.)
- Pizza Dough ( I use my pita bread recipe for the dough. Don’t got time? Just grab some pre-made pizza dough from the supermarket).
- 2 small-medium vine tomatoes sliced.
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese (Or as much or as little as you like. You can use any of your favorite cheeses. I find that Mozzarella works the best.)
- 1 Tablespoon Zatar (I use Ziyad Zatar. It’s cheaper then other brands and it’s very good.)
- Oil to cover the cast Iron (I eye ball it. Use enough to cover the bottom.)
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of Mayonnaise (Trust me, this will get your white sauce tasting like Halal Guys white sauce).
- 1 Teaspoon water
- 1/2 Teaspoon of lemon juice
- Pinch of garlic salt.
- salt & Pepper to taste
- Roll out the pizza dough.
- Use a cast iron to measure the size before heating up the pan.
- After you’ve rolled the dough, add Zatar around the perimeter where the crust will be.
- Heat up the cast iron pan on the stove top and then add oil when it’s hot. (I use Medium-High heat)
- Throw the dough in the pan, then add the white sauce as the base within the perimeter of the crust. Don’t glob the sauce on. You only need enough to cover the dough. Save a little bit of sauce for later. You can add it to the finished pizza.
- Add the tomatoes, shawarma, and then cheese immediately after.
- Then toss the pie into the oven and bake for about 25 minutes. You’ll know when it’s ready when the crust has a nice brown color and cheese is bubbly.
- Take out the pie and let it cool if you want or just dive in and eat. I don’t got time for nonsense so I let it cool for a minute and then I chomp down.
See Video on how to make this pizza!