I love to eat chicken Shawarma! I eat it often and want to ensure that you do too, easily with no troubles. Check out my recipe below and or my video on how to make juicy, delicious shawarma in your home.
Easy & Delicious Chicken Shawarma
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 Tablespoon of Coriander and Cumin. This is a spice blend that my family makes at home with both spices mixed together. You may use 1 Teaspoon of each.
- 1 Teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Zatar spice mix to taste (Optional)
- Note: you may add more spices while cooking to your liking.
Directions: Clean the chicken. Then cut the thighs into squares or into small tenders. Mix all the spices with the chicken and refrigerate for at least an hour. Keep overnight for extra flavor. Sauté the onions and green peppers and put aside for topping. Take the chicken out the fridge, add some oil to the pan, and stir fry it until cooked. (around 10 minutes depending on how thin you cut it.) White Sauce: Mix 3 tablespoons of greek yogurt with 1 tablespoon of mayo and blend. Add 1/2-1 teaspoon of milk to make it easily spreadable. Add chopped cucumbers if you want to make it similar to a tzatziki sauce. Assemble: Grab some pita bread, throw everything on top, and eat. That’s it.