Middle Eastern version of Mozzarella sticks, zatar Halloumi Fries. If you are a zatar spice addict like myself, then you will love these. Even if you’re not, you’ll still love em. Not familiar with Zatar? Click here
In the meantime, try out these delicious cheese fries. Check recipe below and also the cheese pull in my youtube video (link below).
Zatar Halloumi Fries
- 1 lb Halloumi cheese or any frying cheese of your choice.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Zatar
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of salt for taste
- Wash: 1/2 cup butter milk and 1 egg.
- Cut Halloumi into half inch sticks. Then split those half inch sticks in half if they’re too thick. You want to have a half inch diameter on each side.
- Toss dry ingredients together.
- Mix wash.
- Toss cheese stick in the wash, then into the dry, shake off extra, and fry those babies.
- When complete, add toppings of your choice. I like to add sriracha, white sauce (or ranch dressing) and chopped parsley.