Easy to make SHAKSHUKA | لذيذة شكشوكة |
I won’t tire you with my life story like other blogs. I love shakshuka and here’s the recipe for it. Check video below.
- 2-4 eggs
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes (it’s your recipe and you can use different tomatoes sauces -Tomato & Basil is a good one).
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 can of chickpeas or about 1 cup with some chickpea water
- 1 tablespoon of coriander and cumin mix (or 1 teaspoon of each)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic paste
- 1/4 cup of feta (just enough to sprinkle all around the top. Use as much or as little you want).
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- a dash of cheyenne
- salt & pepper for taste
Directionsn a cast iron skillet over medium heat, Sautee onions, add chickpeas, and add spices and mix them together. Then add the sauce and allow it to simmer for about 3-4 minutes until the sauce thickens. Watch and you’ll see it thicken. Then make two holes within the sauce and add the eggs into those holes. Add feta cheese and cover the skillet and allow the ingredients to simmer on medium for about a minute. You can add the feta later if you like as a garnish, up to you. Then immediately turn off the heat and uncover the shakshuka. You do not want the eggs to overcook so keep an eye on it.