Manakish is a delicious middle eastern style pizza with a twist. This middle eastern take on pizza has zaatar! It’s known as a breakfast food in Lebanon but it can really be eaten during any meal of the day. There are a lot of recipes online for Manakish but they require a lot of time & patience. If you’re like me, a work-a-holic, and do not have 3+ hours to waste in the kitchen than make this simple & delicious 30 minute Manakish instead.
Super easy semi-homemade Manakish
- 1 pillsbury Pizza Crust
- 1/4 cup pre-made zaatar (ziyad brand)
- You can buy a bag of zaatar at middle-eastern store for 2-3 dollars. You can also get from Amazon but it’s a bit more expensive.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (may need more to get a spreadable texture)
- White cheese (use as much or as little as you like)
- 1 TBSP Butter
- Pinch of Black seeds
- Pinch Salt for taste
- Optional: Pinch of Sesame seeds (zaatar has sesame seeds included in mix)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Take out the pizza crust and cut it into circles – you can
make anywhere from 4-6 circles depending on size.
3. Mix together zaatar and olive oil together to get it to a
4. Spread the zaatar mixture over each bread (as much or as
little as you like)
5. Add the mozzarella cheese on top.
6. Sprinkle over the cheese a pinch of salt, black seeds, and
7. Melt the better and spread it around the edges of each
8. Bake on a baking sheet until edges are brown and cheese is
melted. (15-20 mins).
Optional: Place in broiler at the end to brown for 30 seconds
(depends on broiler – mine is very hot and it will burn if in
there for over 1 minute- always eye ball it).
Serve with Labna and cucumbers and boom! (bil hana wish shifa’!) بالهنا و الشفاء!