Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque جامع الشيخ زايد الكبير – is located in the capital city of United Arab Emirates and sits at the entrance to Abu Dhabi City Island. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is the largest mosque in the UAE and one of the largest mosques in the world. It can accommodate over 40,000 worshipers. This mosque is beautifully constructed with lavish chandeliers, imported carpets, beautiful tiles and much more. Take a look for yourself. More information about entrance to mosque at the bottom of the page.
The carpet in the main prayer hall is considered to be the worlds largest carpet made by Iran’s Carpet Company. The weight of the carpet is 35 tons and made from wool.
Also the mosque has seven imported chandeliers. THe largest chandelier is made from Swarovski crystals.
Lastly, here are several pictures of the man himself, whom the mosque is named after, Sheikh Zayed. His grave/tomb is located behind the mosque. His pictures are located within all museums in UAE and he’s considered the “Father” or founder of the country.
Mosque Visiting Times:
Check the following link for visiting times: http://www.szgmc.ae/en/mosque-opening-hours
– Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is located in Abu Dhabi Capital City, United Arab Emirates.
– No prior booking is needed for tours.
– Ladies need to be covered – long skirts or trousers, long sleeves, hat or scarf for the head. They are serious and stand in front of the mosque enforcing dress code.
– Gentlemen need to wear trousers – T-shirt or shirt and not a vest. You need to take off your shoes before entering the mosque.
– No Swimming in the pools in front of the mosque.